add operations between source and target from a link
In the previous chapters, we discovered the power of Links in your composition. We also discovered that link targets are used a lot in Smode (in cues, exposed parameters, local links and links with hardware devices). Since the targets can always contain Link Modifiers and Link Conditions, what you'll learn in this topic applies to a lot of scenarios.
Each Actions have an input and an output value.
The input value of an Action is the output value of the preceding Action, or the Source value if there is no preceding Actions.
The output value of an Action is the input value of the next Action, or the Target parameter if there is no further Actions.
So the Actions ordering is very important and must be chosen carefully.
Actions are divided in four categories:
The Condition Actions, which can filter the parameters binding.
The Modifier Actions, which perform arithmetical modification of the input value before sending it to its output.
The Converter Actions, which allow to perform complex type conversion between input and output.
The Dynamic Actions, which perform time based arithmetical modification of the input Value before sending it to its output.
The Source value reaches the target parameters only if all Condition Action are verified.
If no Converter Action is used, the Action input type is the type of the Action owner:
Action owned by Rule uses the Source value type.
Action owned by Variable uses the Variable value type.
Action owned by Target uses the parameter type.
All Actions do not work with any type.
Rule can have Source and Target of different types.
If Converter Action is not available, the Action owner should be chosen carefully depending on the compatibility type.
PARAMETERS COMMON TO ALL ELEMENTS
- Loading (Activation State): The loading status of the link modifier. It can be loaded , enabled by not loaded or unloaded
- Activation (Activation State): The activation status of the link modifier. It can be active , enabled by not active or inactive
- Color Label Associate a color label to your link modifier to make it easily locatable
- Solo Activate this to keep only this link modifier active and hide all other link modifiers in same location
- Editable (Activation State): The editabiliy status of the link modifier. It can be locked directly , locked indirectly or editable
- Preset (Element): Select a preset to apply on the link modifier
- Status Warnings and errors associated to this link modifier
To String - Change the Input number into character strings
To Percentage - Change the Input number and bind it into a percentage range that goes from 0 to 100%
To Real - Change the Input number and bind it into a Real
Function - Allow to create a keyframe function for advanced links manipulations