Function key with associated interpolation dataA keyframe contains a position, a value and input/output interpolation data.
Go check Keyframe Function for further informations.
We can see a grey rectangle linking the two keys together. This is the interpolation.
Interpolation is the process of filling in the unknown data between keys. This means generating new values between the two keyframes. The interpolation is the job of the software. Smode does interpolation between keys thanks to interpolators. Each keyframe has two interpolators, one for the input and one for the output.
The interpolators can be of several types. Those types all generate intermediate values in a different way.
They will change the feel of the animation. Here they are:
Keyframes and their interpolation can be used to animate element and their parameters, for image and color adjustments, to create color gradients, and a lot more.
PARAMETERS ON ALL KEYFRAMES
- position The position of the animation key
- key The value of the animation key
- linkInterpolators Option to link or not the input and the output interpolation data
- inputInterpolator Input interpolation data
- outputInterpolator Output interpolation data