You are here: Reference > 3D > 3D Modifier
Modify a 3D geometry3D modifiers are chainable elements that sequentially modify the geometry. Attribute modifiers modify attributes of the vertices (e.g. the color or UV coordinate), Distort modifiers act on the spatial positions of the vertices and Operator modifiers are more general transformation that for example transform one type of geometry into another one.
Be very attentive to the modifiers order in your chain of modifiers. A modifier always modify what it got as input.
To add a 3D modifier to a layer, right click on this layer and use menu Modifiers. This category groups modifiers of 3d geometries.
Theses modifiers are divided in the following four categories and nearly all of them can be modulated through 3D Mask:
- Attribute Modifiers: Change "per vertex" attributes (Most effective with points renderer)
- Distort Modifiers: Distort existing geometry
- Operator Modifiers: Change existing geometry. Can generate or change points / lines / surfaced on 3D layers ( 3D Generator)
- Utility Modifiers: Mostly debugging tools
PARAMETERS ON ALL 3D MODIFIERS
- Intensity Intensity of the 3d modifier: 0% = the geometry is not modified, 100% = the geometry is fully modified
Attribute Modifiers - Modifiers: Change "per vertex" attributes (Most effective with points renderer)
Distort Modifiers - Distort existing geometry