Smode has been conceived by and for content designer and is only about layers, modifiers and masks.
Combine 2D & 3D layers, effects, particles and shaders into powerful real-time compositions in a straightforward and scalable manner.
As usual, every layers have their own blending mode.
An impressive list of 2D modifiers for color correction, distorsion, stylize,...
ISF modifiers integrated. Simply drag and drop it in the layer list!
Smode take HAP video file for better performance
- Transcode to HAP directly in Smode
- Import image sequence
- Export your composition in video or image sequence
- HDR/EXR files
Shapes & Masks
Basic editable shapes that can be displayed or used as masks.
- Draw directly in Smode or import a SVG
- Combine multiple shapes in Add, exclude, and other mergers types.
- Specific effects for shapes
- Convert a 2D text to editable shape
- Extrude edge through functions
Happy of your work? Turn it into a modular brick that can be reused later.
- Export a Composition with your own parameters
- Store states of parameters
- Export a group of modifiers as a your own "ready to be applied" single effects
3D Files formats
Import your 3D models & animation.
FBX animations supported
Generative 3D layers
Allready integrated layers & ligths for 3D design
- Meshs: Box, Plane, Sphere, etc
- Spline: Circle, Text, custom, etc
- Points: Random, Grid, etc
- Environement lighting: for PBR rendering with HDR/EXR map
- Spot, point, directionnal, projector, etc
- Substance SBSAR
- Basic Surface
- HDR/EXR sprite points
- 2D/Tubes lines
- Blending mode between renderers
Realtime particles system with custom field:
- Attractor/repulsor (powerfull when used with a tracking system)
- Custom effects appliable through the age
- HDR/EXR sprite points
- Custom sprite selector through age
Modify any 3D layers with as many effects offered:
- Colors & textures tint
- Displacement with custom map
- UVs modification
- Points conversion to 3D meshs
- Motion lines
- Particles emission
- And many others
A quick example that only use random points, rendered & composite differently
Animations & Controls
Combine many way to animates in 2D & 3D:
- Functions cues
Fully adressable parameters
Connect every single parameter to an external device (midi, tracked camera, ...)
Link parameters together and change all at once with a single slider
Use text parameters to change the path of multiple media at once
- Mathematical operation to smooth, clamp external datas
- Make relationship between a parameters to a layer, to multiple parameters of others layers
Code by your own
- GLSL editor integrated, to code your own shader
- ShaderToy integration
- PYTHON Script tool to instanciate dynamically any layers
Need to export your video ?
You will need to unlock IO Channels to remove the watermark.
Check the table below for more informations
Apple Quick Time (.mov )
Windows Media (.wmv)
Hap ( without HAPQ & HAP Alpha)
HAP (GPU or Squish encoder )
Nvenc H.264 ( Nvidia card required)
Windows Media Video
Advanced Audio Coding (AAC)
ATSC A-52A (AC3)
Free Losless Audio COdec ( FLAC)
Pulse Code Modulation (PCM)
Render multiple views of a same scene in parallel. Particularly useful for 3D mapping Projects.