You are here: Reference > Devices > Audio Device
Device - Use audio inside SmodeAn Audio Device allows Smode to output sound or to react to an audio input.
If you do not want to select a specific Audio device and simply use the Windows input and output settings, select "Direct Sound Primary Sound Driver".
To set an audio device (input or output), go inside "edit->preferences->Engine" or press "F11". Add a device into one of those sections:
PARAMETERS ON ALL AUDIO DEVICES
- Buffer Size (Audio Device Buffer Size): Buffer size of the audio device. The higher this value is, the higher the latency will be. The lower this value is, the higher the risk of audible audio cracks will be (especially if the driver or host computer has performance issues). For high latency usage, consider to use the low performance footprint ASIO drivers.
- Sample Rate (Audio Device Sample Rate): Sample rate of the audio device, in number of samples per seconds
- Compute Waveform And Spectrum (Boolean (on/off)): Activate the computing of the waveform and spectrum for further analysis. Can be costly, but needed for audio extraction.
- Input Channels (List of Audio Device Channels): Input channels of the audio device (Read Only): Displays the signal waveform and spectrum of all input channels
- Output Channels (List of Audio Device Channels): Output channels of the audio device (Read Only): Displays the signal waveform and spectrum of all output channels
Juce Audio - Core audio engine allowing communication with the underlying Operating System audio APIs.
Null Audio - A silent device